Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Update

Derek and I had a great weekend! Friday night I was beat from a long exhausting week at work, so we layed low and didn't do much. Saturday, Derek went and watched Ryan play baseball while I rested. When Derek got home, we got ready for probably our last date night without needing a babysitter. :) We went to Machiavelli's on Pine street, it is a great little Italian restaurant that makes fabulous Gnocchi and Chicken Parmesan. Then Derek took me to see Cats - the musical. Derek has seen Cats many times, but this was the first time I have seen the show. It was great, the music was fun and the costumes were fantastic. I have a hard time following a show that the dialogue is in the song lyrics....Derek was good at giving me the cliff notes during the show. It was really hard for me to sit still, I have restless leg syndrome something feirce these days, but I made it....without any extra bathroom breaks even! :) Thank you Derek for a wonderful date night! Love you!

Sunday, my Dad picked Derek up and they went and played golf....Derek hasn't played golf since we were in Hawaii in August, so needless to say, he is beat up, and now relaxing on the couch. :) Mom picked me up about the same time and off to Babies R Us we went...coupons in hand! We got our carseat and stroller "travel system", many packages of diapers and wipes, and a diaper bag. Mom and I then had to assemble the stroller, which went better than expected considering I was helping....lol. So now, if Peanut were to get here tomorrow, we are as ready as we are going to get. I am sure there are 800 things that we don't have, but at least we can get her home from the hospital and figure the rest out as we go.

No comments: