Thursday, April 2, 2009

Quick Update...

This will be a quick update...this week has been crazy! I have been working like a maniac, I guess that is a good thing, but I am more tired these days, so it does get pretty old. My wonderful husband has been really nice about picking me up or taking me to work so I don't have to take the bus and can sleep in a little...thanks honey!

Last weekend my sister and Mom put on a baby shower for me. It was so great to see some old friends and family! It deserves it's own post...that will be coming soon.

End of an Era:
Tuesday Derek and I went up to Alderwood to find me some pants....long story....so on the way home I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket. This was the first time I have been pulled over for speeding sine 1995!!!! I was so proud of my 12 year streak of not getting a speeding ticket, I was not so happy about this! Technically, in 1995 I didn't really get a speeding ticket thank you to the Colfax Police officer who did not properly fill out his paper work...so then I guess my streak goes back to high school. Even with my speeding ticket (49 in a 35...oops! totally got me!), that doesn't put me any where close to my sister who has many many many more than me...and in two countries as well! :)

What kind of police officer gives a pregnant lady a speeding ticket anyways? I should have given him the excuse that I needed to pee!

Other updates:
Derek and Ryan had a great weekend together while I was at the baby shower and working on Sunday (boo). Couple of great Ryan quotes from the weekend:

Emily: Ryan what do you mean?

Ryan: Well, FOR INSTANCE, when dad.....

I don't know that I said "for instance" until I was in high school...ha ha ha.

Basketball announcer on TV: UConn is out to their largest lead of the game.....5 points

Ryan: Largest Lead of the game! Dad...that's ONLY two posessions! Seriously!

Funny kid!

Peanut Update:
Houston, I think we have a name.....well, we at least have a favorite with a back up. My no nickname theory that I have is apparently getting put to the wayside. You will all find out on the wonderful day when she gets here, but for now "we know something you don't know...neener neener". :)

I am getting bigger by the minute....I think we have grown alot in the past 2 weeks...moving around is getting harder and people are starting to make "waddling" comments. We have our 34 week appointment next Tuesday for our final ultrasound. More Peanut pictures to come...no 3D though. :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for adding that third "many" to the description of how many speeding tickets I have! I think it deserves just two "manys":)

Jenn said...

So I just found out about your blog after checking myspace for the first time in who knows how many months. Congrats on having a girl, they are the best! You getting close to the hard part. The last month lasts FOREVER! Hope you are feeling as well as can be expected!

Don't remember the last time I "talked" to you but I too am pregnant...again. We are having a boy and I am due in early August.

PS do you do facebook? TONS of Sigma Kappa girls are on there. You should check it out.