Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nursery theme....

Mom and I went to the Burlington Coat Factory on Saturday to do some baby shopping. Now those that know me best know that I HATE shopping, it really is one of my least favorite activities. Prerequisite for me to go shopping: I have to be in a good mood, and you have to know that once i am done shopping WE are DONE shopping....there is no in between where we "just keep looking", when I am done, it is all over.


The surprise comes where....I don't really mind shopping for baby stuff! I...actually....had....fun??? Weird! Mom and I spent over 2 hours at BCF (which has a huge baby section by the way) and picked out a crib and the bedding set, hence, setting the nursery theme! Even amongst the "this is soooo cute" and the "oooo what about this one" on both mine and My Mom's part, I survived shopping!


The pictures below are of the valences that match the bedding (which is on order), thought you would all like to see it. I like it because it is girlie, but not over the top pink madness like some of them. The fabric also has some fun textures. What do you think?



Other than the bedding, we picked out a crib....not sure at this point who is going to be in charge of putting that together...Derek and I are both incompetent when it comes to this stuff. I am sure one of our friends can be bribed with wine! Kristi? Scottie? You did so good with the wine racks....lol. :)


Mom and I had a fun day shopping (still can't believe I am saying that), apparently I just needed a kid to shop for!!


2 comments:

Katie said...

CUTE! Love it.

And I can attest to your dislike for shopping. I've been subject to, "OK, I'm DONE shopping! Now!" of course, right in the middle of my shopping experience. It can be such a drag:)

Kristi Kendall said...

I'm in...No need to wine...you know me...just have some Bud Light and I am there. I bet putting together a crib would be fun!! I still think of when we moved you out of your apt in San Fran and we were driving through the streets with the tree sticking out the sunroof.
Love the pattern you picked out.