Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Baby Food....

Never (NEVER!) in a million years did I ever imagine that I would be making my own baby food. I always thought that only "hippie granola" types would make their own baby food. Until you are a parent and you see how much grocery stores charge for baby food....save your judgement...no hippie granola here...nope, I am just plain old cheap!
I have made my own baby food before, but I have always used my "mini" food processor...so basically it takes me a LONG time to make the baby food. Well, I asked Mom to come over with her "big" food processor so we could make some baby food on Super bowl Sunday and...well....I got a little carried away by the thought of the Mammoth food processor...
5 lb bag of carrots
4lbs of Green Beans
4 lbs of Peas
4 lbs of sweet potatoes
4 lbs of Yams


It is hard to do an "apples to apples" comparison because pounds and ounces don't compare to fluid ounces that we purchase in baby food. But all I know is that I spent $16 at the grocery store for the aforementioned products and I think I saved probably $60-$70 from buying baby food at the grocery store. Now...I went to WSU and all...but even I know that I am saving money. :) PLUS....it is probably more healthy and nutritious than processed baby food....there..the hippie/granola momma in me speaks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am impressed! good work martha i mean emily