Monday, June 29, 2009

Road Trip!!

Derek and I were sitting in the living room Friday and he said to me "Did you know that hoopfest is going on in Spokane?" I said "Do you want to go?"....and we both looked at each other...I said..."Let me call Charlotte". Charlotte was very enthusiastic about us coming to visit and being able to stay with her, so we packed up and left 2 hours later. I didn't realize how much I needed to get out of the house, I have been cooped up here for 7 weeks...actually more than that if you count bed rest!

This is the lovely view of Eastern Washington on Highway 2, we took this route to avoid traffic. Lexi did awesome on the car ride, she slept basically the entire time, excpet to eat in Wenatchee!

My road trip partner! I think the key to a good marriage is being able to travel well together....we had such a great time, even though we were just hanging out together in the car. We found a great Classic Rock station on the radio and listened to it both ways....those that know Derek know he has a love of rap music, I didn't know he had a thing for classic rock....he knew most of the songs and insisted on singing them for me....I could have done without the singing...lol.

Below is just a small taste of what Hoopfest is...there were over 26,000 participants in the tournament in all kinds of age brackets and skill levels. They had most of the downtown Spokane streets blocked off with half court basketball courts painted on them. It was fun to see, they also have some festival type booths with food etc. around the park. We were able to see some of Derek's former players in their games, which was fun. We had Lexi in her stroller and while it was crowded, it was manageable and Lexi was a trooper.

Lexi in her cute floppy hat...had to protect her from the sun. :)

Dad and Lexi (who was busily blowing bubbles)

Mom and Lexi

Sunday morning we met up with our good friend Linda for breakfast. We went to a restaurant called the Old European, which I know from my days in Pullman...I had no idea they had more than one. It was just as good as I remember. It was great to see Linda and introduce her to Miss Lexi.
Linda and Lexi...note Lexi is still trying to get her thumb

From breakfast on Sunday we began the trek home, this is Lexi in her car seat ready to go...looking very cute in her strawberry hat that Mom got her at the Flower and Garden show in Seattle.
We decided to go back via Highway 2 again, since it was such a pretty drive and the traffic wasn't too crazy. We made a stop on the way home to introduce Lexi to my Auntie Celaine and Uncle Tom since they live in Cashmere...right on the way home.
Below is Lexi trying to get her thumb again!


Auntie Celaine and Lexi

And Uncle Tom....

It was a great weekend, thanks Derek for getting me out of the house and being spontaneous. Thanks also to Charlotte, Justin and Caden for letting us invade your house on such short notice!

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Next time tell Char to call us. Our house was vacant all weekend so you could have had beds to sleep in. Glad you had fun though and I LOVE her strawberry hat!

Emily said...

Thanks Jeannette...I will keep that in mind for next time! We did pretty good downstairs though. :)

Anonymous said...

we are really enjoying catching up on the blog since we just got back from the trip. We love all of the updates on Lexi, Ry, the house, etc...thanks for being so diligent!