Friday, May 22, 2009

Pediatrician updated

Lexi had her 2 week pediatrician appointment on Thursday (her original due date), here is the update....she is now 7lbs and 8 ounces, that is up 4 ounces from the appointment before, but they really wanted her to be up to her birth weight by then. She seems to be eating a lot, so we are not sure what the issue is. It is not a major concern, just annoying to me since I want to make sure everything is ok with her. I am not sure if we should be supplementing her with extra or not...the pediatrician said it wasn't necessary. She is also up to 22 inches from 20 3/4 inches when she was born.

Lexi has been sleeping in pretty good spurts, we still haven't had a lot of luck with her sleeping in her actual crib. I have slept a few nights in the bed with her next to me, but inevitably we end up for a few hours on the couch with her sleeping on my chest. The night before last, she slept from 3am-7am, that was a really nice stretch of sleep for me! :) Usually it is 2-3 hours, which isn't too bad either....I have heard stories of much worse!

Derek's Dad and his wife Vonda came into town last night, they were very excited to meet Lexi, it is great to have them here. Ryan had a baseball game last night, and got to skip school today to hang out with Grandpa! We have him with us through Monday, he still loves holding his little sister whenever he can, we are going to give her a bath in a little bit. Him and I got out in the backyard for a little while today and played some hoops. I beat him in PIG. :)

While Derek, Mike, Vonda and Ryan went to Pike's Place Market today, I was able to run out and get my hair cut, it was a nice adventure out of the house...baby steps. ;)

No comments: