Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The first few days....

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!

We are settling in to life with our little Lexi, Derek and I are absolutely in love with the little thing! :) She has been a really good baby so far, (knock on wood!), we can usually figure out what is wrong with her, there are not a lot of massive "cry fests" or anything. Sleeping is probably our biggest issue, the bedrooms (including the nursery...argh) are way too cold for her to sleep down there, so her and I have been "sleeping" upstairs. It seems the only way I can get her to sleep is on my chest, it is actually really comfortable, except that I have to be in a reclined position on the couch, not laying down. Some people are able to sleep with babies in their bed, but I am too nervous about it. What the difference is between her on my chest and next to me in a bed?? I have no idea...that is just the way it is. :) During the day today, I have been "practicing" having her sleep on her back on the couch, so hopefully we can make that start to happen at night.

We have been tackling breastfeeding head on...the first few days were REALLY tough, it is so foreign and while it is natural...it isn't...ha ha. My mom has been a HUGE help, I don't know how anyone does it without professional help....thanks Mom!! Lexi lost too much weight when we went to our post partum appointment on Monday, so they had me pump extra and add that to her feedings, this worked well and by the next day when we went to the pediatrician, she had gained some of it back because my milk has come in. The goal is to have her back to her birth weight by her 2 week birthday on the 21st....her original due date...lol. Given how much she has eaten in the past day, I am hoping this will have worked itself out.

Ryan had another baseball game that Derek went to yesterday, I was sorry to miss it since Derek was the infield umpire....I would have gotten a kick out of seeing him running around the infield. Ryan's team won again, they have another game tomorrow.

That is our update...I will keep you posted on the latest and greatest Lexi news!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy birthday to Ryan:)