Monday, March 9, 2009

Husky / Cougar Basketball game

Dad and I met up for lunch and went to the WSU vs. UW basketball game on Saturday afternoon. We had a great time! As you all know, I am a fan of Husky basketball, yet still loyal to my wonderful WSU cougars. So needless to say I was conflicted on Saturday. Typically if the two teams are playing each other, I will wear pink...and try to stay neutral. Saturday I felt the need to root for the Huskies because if they won this game, they would be outright Pac-10 champs, this game really didn't have any sort of significance to the Cougars. So....I donned a purple shirt and off to the game we went. The minute we walked into lunch and saw a bunch of Cougar fans....I felt instantly guilty of being disloyal.
At the game, I really rooted for both teams, I enjoyed a great basketball game with my Dad and was happy with the outcome. Dad and I totally forgot to take a picture of us at the game, and in typical Roger form, Dad left with 42 seconds to go since he was convinced the Huskies were going to win. Derek came and watched the end of the game with me and reminded me that I had my camera...so I got some great pics below.
Final score with Lorenzo Romar addressing the crowd.
Coach cutting down the net

Senior Jon Brockman cutting down the net

The crowd rushing the court after the game.
To confirm my earlier post, Peanut loved the basketball game, my belly was basically a kicking/punching bag for the majority of the second half....it was REALLY loud in there! She is definitely going to be a basketball fan (let's face it....did she really have a choice in the matter????). Thanks Dad for a great time!

No comments: