Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doctor Appointment

Derek and I had our Doctor appointment on Tuesday. This was the day of the dreaded glucola test that checks for gestational diabetes. For some reason, going in I was nervous about this one, but I am happy to report that we do not have any diabetes issues! My blood sugar did what it was supposed to, so I can check that off my list of things to worry about. :)

Peanut is measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule, my Doctor isn't too worried about it, she is probably just going to be a big baby, she said she would be concerned if I was 5 foot 2, but clearly I am not....lol. I do still have some high blood pressure, so the Doc advised I cut back on the salt intake...easier said that done, but I am sure working on it. EVERYTHING has sodium in it....hmmm this is a new one for me.

We are to the point where we will start going to the Dr. every 2 weeks, and she scheduled an ultra sound for 34 weeks (in one month) to double check Peanut's size. Yeah, I really like ultrasounds...it is fun to check in an see how she is doing....no 3D this time though. :(

2 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear you don't have diabetes! How'd the "juice" taste?

Emily said...

I had the fruit punch flavor, the first few sips weren't too bad...but then the rest of it was just too sugary...it was not the best kool aid on the planet.