Friday, July 25, 2008

More vacation pictures

Soooooo sad....vacation is over. :( We had such a wonderful vacation! It was nice and relaxing and we got to spend quality time with our family. Today was the end of 17 days with Ryan, we had such a great time, it was the longest stretch of time that we have had to spend with him not only since I met Derek, but since him and Shawna split. Ryan is such a wonderful boy and we loved having him with us. It was so special to have him with us for that long. It is difficult sometimes being the stepmom, because I don't know where to balance "mom" and "friend", about half way through our trip to Oregon, I really started to wonder if I was doing right by him or if I was being too hard on him at times. Ryan answered that question over the next few days in his own way...once he walked up to me before going to bed and hugged me, told me he loved me and planted a big kiss on my cheek! My heart melted. The next few days he got really cuddly and snuggly and both Derek and I could tell that he had a great time with us and we loved every minute of it.

Here are some more pics to fill you in on our trip. Update on the camera.....still not working....will have to take it to a camera shop. :(


Dad and Son watchng the sunset....the ocean was so calm that day....it practically looks like a lake.


My cute Witt boys....


He's a ham!


One day, Rob went off to Coos Bay and went crabbing....we had an excellent crab fest...we were even able to get Ryan to try crab and clam chowder...a big deal for a kid that doesn't like syrup!!


Ryan and the Dungeness Crab..


3 comments:

Katie said...

Too bad we had to pay Ryan $2 to try the crab:)

cass said...

Being Mom ain't easy...The hardest job in the world, biological or step and you want to be perfect at it

Anonymous said...

great pictures Em! I'm sure you're a great mom to Ryan. If he is anything like his bloodline, he may not mention anything until he turns 24 and learns how to show that appreciation. It may be a "boy thing."