Friday, May 2, 2008

My First Blog....

Hi Everyone!
I thought I would join the wonderful world of blogging....several of my friends have shared their blogs and I think it is a great way to keep up with friends and family. As you know, Derek and I got married back in September....today is actually our 8 month anniversary! We need to get past the 1 year mark so we only celebrate this annually. :)
This is what has been going on the past few months:
Emily - I have been working, working, working....we have a catering manager on maternity leave, so there have been 2 people doing the work of 3. It has been great from a sales production standpoint, but it is a lot of work! We are getting closer to the opening of our new hotel..the Hyatt at Olive 8. The hotel opens in December as the first LEED certified Hotel in Seattle.



Derek has been very busy recruiting! He has received 7 letter of intents for future Lady Dolphins, those of you who suffered through last fall with me... will have a MUCH better team to watch next year! He had a chance this week to go out to Port Angeles and see his buddy Pete Stewart, they played several rounds go golf and Derek got to catch up with the Stewart clan.


Ryan finished up basketball season and has moved on to baseball. He has a great coach (if his dad thinks he's a good coach....he's a good coach!!). Ryan has been the starting short stop and has made several plays that made Daddy proud (that's MY boy!!). I am taking the camera to the game tonight, so we will hopefully have some pictures up soon.

I am still learning all this blog stuff, so I haven't quite figured out how to do the pictures and things yet...I will have to consult Cha Cha for some help. :) Thanks for checking out my first blog!

1 comment:

The Penquin said...

Great idea! Especially fo a grandpa that lives 2500 miles away. Thank you!!!

Mike & Vonda