Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Crappy Day...

So I had hoped to only post fun, happy things on this blog, but I guess that isn't the case. My mom called me today and told me that her house had been burgularized (sp??) yesterday afternoon. They went in and took all of her jewelry and some prescription drugs from her knee surgery. They used a crow bar to get in the side door of the garage, and left through another side door. Surprisingly enough, they didn't take any electronics - computers, tv's etc. which leads us to think that Mom coming home may have interupted their efforts. It is scary to think that they may have been in the house when she got home, the bright side is that Mom is safe and sound! Belongings can be replaced, but Mom's (especially mine!) cannot!

1 comment:

cass said...

Thank you honey for your concern. I guess I was showing my optimistic side in not believing this would happen to me. I wasn't very smart about where I kept things nor how I insured against this happening. And I like to think I'm so savvy?! Live and learn. It would probably be kinda silly to put in an alarm system in now to protect the one pair of cheesey dragonfly earrings I have left you think?. I love you for caring, Mom