Wednesday, May 7, 2008

2 Years....

Well, I can't believe it! Derek and I met 2 years ago today. Who would have thought that a random blind date from MySpace would have led to this! (thank you myspace, thank you Kristi!). Like I said in my first blog...once we get past the one year wedding anniversary, all of these other "anniversaries" will go away. We spent our first date at the Garage, a bar that has bowling and pool. Derek claims to have let me beat him at bowling, but I had no chance against him at pool. I felt instantly comfortable with him and we had our first kiss by the pool tables. I guess I didn't learn that whole "playing hard to get" game. lol. Anyways, we are celebrating tomorrow with date night, we are going to a restaurant called the King Fish Cafe, it is a restaurant that features Southern cooking - mac n' cheese, fried chicken, and red velvet cake. I had a client give me a gift certificate for planning their lesbian wedding. Their wedding cake was red velvet from this restaurant. Should be fun to check out.

Happy 2 years Derek, I love you with all my heart and am so happy that we were able to find each other. Everything happens for a reason. :)

No comments: