Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My First Thanksgiving dinner

When we moved to our new house in Monroe, it was the first time in about 4 years that I have lived in a place with a full sized oven...the other ones have been 3/4 sized...it drove my Mom crazy! So for some reason...still not sure why, I volunteered...yes VOLUNTEERED to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Needless to say, a week before turkey day I was questioning my decision. :) I really wanted to do this on my own, I didn't want it to be a scenario where my Mom ended up cooking everything and bringing it to my house. So...here goes nothing....
The bird...my Dad tried to make it extra difficult and got a 20lb turkey for the 4 of us eating. Handling the raw turkey was my least favorite part, it was disgusting. Below is the turkey in the brine.

Ready to go in the oven....isn't it pretty??
Me putting the turkey in the oven..don't I look cute?? lol

The turkey's home for 3 hours (ish)
While the turkey was cooking, we set the table...
And I frosted the red velvet bundt cake that I made from SCRATCH!!
Then finally...the turkey was ready! I thought it looked great, and thankfully it tasted pretty good too! (If I do say so myself!) We made good work of the turkey....and had LOTS of leftovers.
Not everyone got to have turkey...here is little Lexi polishing off her Thanksgiving dinner...sleepy eyes and all. :)

No comments: