Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkey Day

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! Dad hosted at his house, with some decorating assistance from Mom (of course!). Derek had a few basketball players and I had a friend from work that couldn't go home for the Holiday, so we had our "Orphan" thanksgiving. So in total we had Mom, Dad, Katie, Derek, Ryan, Allison, Valeeta, Phee and myself. Dad cooked the biggest turkey I have ever seen....30 pounds!! Dinner was fabulous. We hung out, played some Uno attack and Phase 10. It was a good Turkey day all around. :)

Mom gave out personalized Christmas ornaments to everyone, she used to do this at Christmas, but it was kind of a bummer to get an ornament when Christmas was basically over, so she decided to do it at Thanksgiving...and all of them were fantastic!

I got a ceramic "snowman couple", and the snowlady had a baby bump! It said Derek and Emily, Christmas 2008. VERY CUTE! Her and my sister also made an ornament of Peanut! They took a peanut, drew a face on it, put curly red hair (see pregnancy update blog) and wrapped it in part of my baby blanket from when I was little. It is very special. I actually got teary eyed putting it on the tree on Sunday.

Katie, Dad and Allison all got cat ornaments, Katie has a new kitten and Dad has his Lucy. Random side note - where did all these CAT people come from!!!!!. Ryan, Valeeta and Phee got baketball ornaments, and Derek got an ornament of a Dolphin holding a ball....very cool!

No comments: