Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pregnancy Update

We are 16 weeks along! For those non-parents out there, that is 4 months. :) I was happy to get out of the first trimester, not because of sickness, just because that is when most of the bad stuff happens, so now I can relax.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday and Peanut is healthy with a strong heartbeat. She actually kicked the microphone when we were listening to the heartbeat, it was pretty funny. You will note, I alternate between calling it "he" and "she" because I really don't like calling Peanut "it"....just doesn't seem right.

I seemed to sail through the first trimester, with almost no sickness, but a lot of fatigue. Derek and I are definitely on different schedules.... I want to go to bed at 8:30pm and he is just getting home from practice. That is getting better, I can actually stay up all the way until 10 pm now! :)

It is now finally starting to sink in that we are having a baby, I didn't go to a maternity clothes store or a baby store until about 3 weeks ago! I think I was trying not to jinx it. Last Saturday Mom and I went shopping and actually went in a baby store, now that was FUN!! Everything is so cute and little! That got me really fired up. :)

Baby names - we are going to keep these under wraps until he is born, Derek and I have a hard time agreeing on names to begin with, and it is hard to try to take everyone's opinions and make them happy. We are going to pick a name that we feel is right for our baby boy or girl. We love suggestions as we really don't have any favorites yet though! Ryan has come up with quite a few good ones.

Mom is convined that there is a good chance Peanut could have red hair. Why you ask? Both of my Uncle's have red hair, and two of my cousins. My Uncle Rob and cousin Micah on my Dad's side and my Uncle Tom and Cousin Jeff on my Mom's side. Who knows.....those recessive gene's are hard to predict. I am still not quite sure how I got curly hair! lol.

The baby will be born at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland Washington, where my Mom has worked in their Family Maternity Center for the past....20+ years. Has it been 25 Mom? I can't remember. Anyhow, I know we will be taken care of, we got our "VIP" tour yesterday when we went to the doctor. Mom is busy picking out our nurses and she already picked out our doctor. It is nice to have someone on the "inside".

I am happy to say I have only gained about 6-7 pounds. Not too bad! I did finally get a couple of maternity tops that are a tad more comfortable. With the baby growing, all of my intestines, stomach etc. are all shifting up, and the top part of my belly is sticking out. I think that is annoying...the bottom part of my belly should stick out...not the top! Not that you all need to know this, but my boobs are obnoxiously big, Derek doesn't think so, but I do! That was the main reason for the maternity tops. lol.

Derek has been really supportive, not commenting on my fat rolls or stretch marks, but being really enthusiastic about the weight gain in my chest! :) It has to be hard for guys, women go through all these crazy changes week by week and men have to just sit there and watch. There really isn't anything you can do until the baby gets here, it has to be a long 9 months with a crazy wife.

That is the latest and greatest! I promise to keep you updated more often, December 30th is the big day for the ultrasound to determine if it is a He or a She. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Jeffinseatown said...

I'm not sure....did you just call me recessive? Besides, with even a little bit of Fallihee blood, I'm sure the new baby be amazing!

cass said...

I am trying very hard not to micromanage this pregnancy.I am VERY excited about my new grandpeanut on the way and will try to do what I'm told. Actually I'm learning a lot about early pregnancy an area I don't usually see much. Just let me know when I'm out of line:) Mom

Emily said...

Mom, don't worry, you have not been out of line at all! You are doing great and all of your help is welcome, because I am certainly not the expert!!!

Katie said...

Glad you're still feeling good! I predict peanut is a...BOY! I may have to eat my words come Dec. 30th, but that is my prediction. Maybe it's "auntie-instincts" kickin' in:)