Friday, August 6, 2010

15 Month Dr. Appointment

This is going to be a quickie with no pictures...we are pressed for time today (mostly because I took a nap...don't judge, you would do it too!)
I took Lexi to her 15 month check up, I was happy to do this since I have not been to the last 2 or 3 appointments because I was working. Here are the stats:
Heigth - 30 1/2 inches - 50th Percentile
Weight - 22 pounds, 9 ounces - 50th Percentile.
Looks like we are going to have a 50/50 kid! She is in great health, right where she should be developmentally.
Some of the things she is doing right now:
~Getting into EVERYTHING, we have nicknamed her Hurricane Lexi because the house is trashed after she has been in it for 10 minutes.
~Walking, she is a great walker, sometimes she runs too!
~Food - we have given her pretty much anything we eat, she is funny, she doesn't have much of a reaction to new foods, if she doesn't like it, she sort of just takes it out of her mouth. The only thing we have held back on giving her is some nuts and shellfish. She is able to have peanut butter, and loves it. One funny thing - she LOVES Thai food, I have ordered panang curry from our local Thai restaurant (3 star!) and on a whim I gave her a little piece...she couldn't get enough of it. She had the same reaction the last time I got it too. Her other favorites are mac n cheese, chicken, cheese, watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries (more on that below) and grapes.
~Diapers - Whoa Nelly! Having a kid eases you into the nastiness of diapers! When Lexi was first born, they were gross, but they didn't smell nearly as bad as they do since she has started eating different foods. Case in point - blueberries - Lexi really likes them, and they are the perfect size for her little fingers. Well, the resulting diaper was AWFUL!!! It was a blackish/bluish color with an aroma I would not wish on my worst enemy. Even Grandma wouldn't touch that one!
~Words - she says a few, ball, balloon, uh-oh, wow, mom, and Dada. Not too shabby Lexi girl. In the past couple of weeks, she has really started to have "conversations", where I ask her something and she responds, and we go back and forth like this. It is like she is really talking, just no actual words are used. It sounds a lot like she says "lets go", but I am not sure that is what she is actually saying.
Ok - gotta run, Seafair tomorrow, so likely no blog...but I will try to be more dilligent.

No comments: