Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation to Neskowin, Oregon- guest blog by Lexi Witt!

The first week of August, I got to take my first vacation! We drove down to the Oregon coast to a place called Neskowin, a place where Mommy's family has been going for many many years. I was really good in the car ride down with Mommy and Grandma, I didn't cry at all until we got to 10 minutes outside of Neskowin, then I decided I was tired of being in the car and hungry, so I made mommy pull over and give me a snack.

Mommy's family has been coming here for a long time, I am at least the 4th generation to come to Neskowin, I got to hear all the stories that Mommy's family has....Grandpa Roger and Frank almost drowning behind proposal rock, the under wear and horse poop song, trips to the creek, jumping waves,and golfing on the golf course....my favorite was the song about Mommy barfing pink...and yellow too...and in the sand. I can relate to that one the most...I spit up A LOT!
This is where we stayed - The breakers

I got to see proposal rock for the first time, it was really big!
For the most part our vacation was really relaxing, Mommy rembered my swing, so I got to hang out in that when I wasn't making people hold me all the time. (I can be demanding like that!).

Mommy and I did some walking on the beach while Daddy and Ryan jumped waves in the ocean. I can't wait until I am big like Ryan and can go in the ocean...it did look really cold though!!


I got to spend a lot of time in my Baby Bjorn, I am now big enough to face out, so I could see everything going by, that was really cool. Most of the time though, the bouncing put me right to sleep!
Being the newest member of the family, lots of people wanted to take pictures of me, it was rough....but I put up with it. :)
Ever since I was really little (at Ryan's baseball game when I was 2 weeks old), when I go out in the sun, my sunglasses protect my eyes....most babies my age hate wearing things on their faces...I like them! They make my eyes feel better. I think I am actually sleeping in this picture.

I like this picture of my family, Mommy doesn't like it because she didn't do her hair, but all four of us are in it and we are at the beach. I was trying to tell Ryan something, so I wasn't looking at the camera (I also might have been sleeping).

Another of my model shots....

Grandma's friend Nancy joined us for part of the week, they relaxed and Grandma read some books and Nancy did crossword puzzles and helped Ryan with his jigsaw puzzle.
Overall, we had a nice relaxing time, it was the last week before Mommy had to go back to work. We all took lots of naps.....here is me napping with Daddy...look how big I am getting!!

And here is me napping with Grandma...

Ryan had a great time at the beach with us as well, he was really nice to me, he carried me around, took lots of pictures and videos of me...so many Mommy had to delete some of them. Grandma also took Ryan to the Tilamook cheese factory and they got to go on a tour and taste ice cream and cheese.....I am jealous, all I get to eat is milk. One cool thing that happened was that Ryan lost another tooth! I don't even have teeth yet, and he is losing them! He got $2 from this lady called the tooth fairy! I am hoping some day I will get $2 from her for my teeth too!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! Except she forgot the part about missing her Auntie Katie. I need to have a little chat with her about that:)

cass said...

Well said Lexi!It was a great week. G'ma