Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Heat Wave...

Since it has been so long since I have blogged....we have to go back about a month. :) As all that are in the Seattle area know, we had a heat wave the last week of July. It was in the mid to upper 90's for almost a week. Here is how we kept cool....
Whiskey Tango Bravo - aka. White Trash Baby! The no clothes diaper is definitely a little white trash, but it was too damn hot for clothes! Lexi actually slept pretty well that week, the heat wore her out!
I would try to keep Lexi cool by putting cold wash clothes on her head....she seemed to like it!
One day, I decided to take Ryan and Lexi to the movie "G-Force", I was completely OVER the heat. I know it was a risky move taking a 3 month old to a movie, I figured Ryan could watch the movie and Lexi and I would walk around the air conditioned lobby if she got fussy. So I fed her for the first 30-40 minutes of the movie, no problems, then I sat her up on my lap and she watched the entire rest of the movie...totally fascinated...no fussing! I was stunned and very pleased, the movie was really cute (and in 3D). It turned out to be a great air conditioned day! I got the most sought after comment any parent can hope for from another movie goer...."Was that baby in here the whole time?? I had no idea!" Good job Lexi, now let's just hope we get the same comments when we go on our first airplane in October!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love me some white trash baby:) And Lexi doesn't seem to mind!