Friday, February 20, 2009

Quick Update

Hi Y'all!

Just wanted to post a quick update on what is going on in the Witt's world...

Derek flew off to Buffalo last week to start his new job....and unfortunately HATED it....for many reasons. So we scratched that plan and have moved on to plans B & C. Plan B (and mine and Derek's favorite) is to go to work for the Seattle Storm, the WNBA team here in Seattle. They have a sales account manager spot open and Derek had a phone interview while in Buffalo and a second interview (he is in the final 2) on Tuesday. He is very excited about this opportunity and so am I! He will find out Monday....keep your fingers crossed! If that doesn't work out then he will move on to Plan C which is one of the jobs that he was offered a couple of weeks ago, Derek called him last week to let him know the Buffalo thing wasn't going to work, and the guy agreed to meet with him next Tuesday......so that is the update on Derek! In his time off, he has "enjoyed" cleaning the house, doing laundry and making me dinner....I could get used to this...lol.

Ryan had a basketball game last week, and I unfortunately forgot the camera, which turned out to be ok, because they lost pretty bad. Ryan is improving his point guard skills and beginning to look up the court when he is dribbling. :) He had 2 points. I will bring the camera tomorrow, and hopefully have some good footage for Monday.

Peanut and I are getting along fabulously...we went to the doctor a week or so ago and things are looking pretty good. I had some high blood pressure and have started to have swelling in my hands and feet, but nothing too concerning. Next Dr. appointment I have to do the gestational diabetes test (standard at this point of pregnancy), in which you have to drink some gross juice (many many of my friends have vouched for the grossness of the juice! I have fruit punch flavored, so I will let you know how it goes) and then do a blood test to check for diabetes. For some reason I am a little nervous about this test....I haven't been for the rest of the tests, not even the down syndrome one, but as a "big girl", this just makes me nervous.

The worst part of the swelling?? I had to take my wedding ring off. :( I miss my bling bling, but my Mom had to have her wedding ring cut off when she was prego and I don't want that to happen. So I got a ring from a street vendor in Vancouver and that is doing the trick. I had a tough time walking around without it on...mostly because I didn't want to look like I got knocked up before getting married. LOL!

Last night Derek and I met some friends and went to the Attic, a bar in Madison Park to watch the huskies take on UCLA. I wore my crimson (non-wsu) sweatshirt to be sure to represent my true colors, but I did root for the huskies. The bar was really loud with everyone cheering the huskies on and Peanut went nuts. She was kicking and moving like crazy! For pretty much the entire game. I think this means one of two things....she likes Husky baketball (much to Grandpa's delight), or she was pissed off to high hell that it was that loud and she couldn't sleep.

I feel like I have gotten a lot bigger in the past week, Charlotte, you will be happy to know that my belly sticks out farther than my boobs. lol. I have started to feel some minor discomfort, but I pretty sure it is nothing compared to what is to come. I will have Derek take a picture this weekend so you can see for yourself.

Well, apparently my "quick update" was not so quick! I had a lot to fill you in on! :)

2 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

Love the updates. Sorry to hear Derek hated the job but at least you have a plan B & C. Can't wait to hear about the Sounders job. Sounds like a great position for Derek.

Kelli said...

Hi Emily...checking in on you via Kristi's blog. Hope you don't mind me peeking in! Glad to hear pregnancy is going well...I will say the stuff you have to drink really isn't that bad. It tasted like flat orange soda, if I recall. Wishing you well in the last 3 months. Go to the movies as much as you can. We miss the movies! :)