Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20th...

Hi All,

It has been a long time since I have blogged, so I thought I would give you all an update on the Witt's and what we have going on.

Derek - Today is the first day for "Official" Lady Dolphin basketball practice. All they have been able to do so far is conditioning, needless to say, the girls are tired of running stairs with dumbells in their hands, running timed miles around the track and doing sit ups. All of which my husband loves torturing them with! :) We are getting excited for the season, the Lady Dolphins look to be a lot more promising than last year. (thank god!) Derek has also been busy working at the school setting up for all of the sporting events and managing the work study kids that take tickets etc. He is also getting his feet wet at Cloud 9 sports where he is selling merchandise.

Ryan - Ryan is doing great, he is in 3rd grade now, we are hoping to have his school pictures back when we see him this weekend, we will be sending copies out to the family, not to worry! :) He is excited for Halloween, he is going to be none other than ELVIS. I think that is hysterical. He has been practicing saying "thank you....thank you very much"! LOL. The past few weekends we have had him have been filled with watching Lady Dolphin Volleyball, watching some football with Dad and playing basketball in the backyard.

Me - Well, in this wonderful economy, being in the sales side of the hotel really sucks. I handle the financial/Insurance market, so I am pretty much screwed! :) The Hyatt at Olive 8 is scheduled to open December 22nd, so the hotel has been busy hiring managers to run the hotel. I won't be involved in the operations of that hotel, but the two will work closely together. One fun thing we are doing at work is that we are having a "bundt cake bake off", those of you who know me well, will laugh and say...."you are JUDGING this contest, not actually participating right??". Nope! I am making a bundt cake! I did a practice run through yesterday, just to make sure I didn't embarass myself too much, and I must say I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Derek and Dad were my guinea pigs and they seemed to like it.....hmmm. Maybe I need a better audience! LOL. The official bake off is next Monday, I will keep you posted and somehow figure out a way to take a picture of my cake. I am making a red velvet bundt.

That is all for now, I promise I will be a better blogger in the upcoming weeks!

No comments: